Tuesday, March 27, 2012


Two days--TWO DAYS--until the start of the Toronto Silent Film Festival, 2012. I can't wait.

Well of course I can't wait. I live in Toronto, I love silent films, and I especially love seeing them on a big screen. With live accompaniment.  And if it's a mix of old and new silents I'll be seeing, that's even better. And if there are rarieties, oddities and obscurities to see, and some classics too, naturally, and...and...and...

...well, it'll be a good time then, won't it?

Below is this year's schedule. Rest assured, I'll be in attendance for as many of these screenings as I can, and will happily write about the films I see. TSFF impressario Shirley Hughes has kindly included some films I haven't seen, but have always wanted to.

Note: I'm listing only the feature presentations TSFF will be screening each evening. Several nights include short films as well, including the modern-day silents produced by various artists for the Toronto Urban Film Festival. Visit TSSF's website for full details.

See you there!

Thursday March 29
OUR DANCING DAUGHTERS (1928)
8pm (doors open at 7:30pm)
Innis Town Hall 2 Sussex Ave Toronto
Tickets $15.00


Friday March 30
TABU (1931) 
7:30pm
The Carlton Cinema
20 Carlton Street Toronto
Tickets $10.00



Saturday March 31 
BLOOD AND SAND (1922) 
4pm (doors open at 3:30)
The Revue 400 Roncesvalles Ave. Toronto
Tickets $12.00/$10.00 seniors and members

  
Sunday April 1
1000 LAFFS: PLAYMATES

(Featuring Keaton, Arbuckle, Chaplin, and various lesser-known comics) 
4pm
The Fox Theatre 2236 Queen Street East. Toronto
(Queen East between Beech and Willow)
Tickets $12.00/$10.00 Seniors and members


Monday April 2
THE ITALIAN STRAW HAT (1927)
 
8pm (doors open at 7:30pm) 
Casa Loma 1 Austin Terrace, Toronto 
Tickets $20.00 

Tuesday April 3
VARIETE (1925) 
8pm (doors open 7:30pm)
Innis Town Hall
2 Sussex Ave Toronto
Tickets $15.00

No comments:

Post a Comment